Process Control Technology (PCT)
Functional Safety and IT-Security in Industrial Automation
Safety Management according to IEC 61511
We support you with managing and engineering of PCT safety measures including safety instrumented functions (SIF) for your production units – based on applicable standards and regulations e. g. IEC 61511, ISA 84, or VDI/VDE 2180. We cover the Safety Instrumented System (SIS) lifecycle or just parts of it – it is your choice.
Our services include:
- Participating in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) providing expertise in the identifi cation of SIFs.
- Preparation of a safety plan as required by IEC 61511. The safety plan defines activities as well as responsibilities regarding functional safety in a project.
- Preparation of a Safety Requirement Specifi cation (SRS) documents that details project and customer specific requirements and is a guide and checklist for the design of SIS.
- Engineering and design of SIS according to the applicable standards and regulations.
- SIL verification (quantitative verification that a SIF meets the required SIL level) with all required documentation.
- Detailed engineering of SIS with all required documentation, both hardware and software in safety PLC’s.
- Defining communication interfaces with Basic Process Control System (BPCS) and other automation systems.
- Application programming of Safety PLCs for implementing SIFs.
- Developing tesing procedures e.g. factory acceptance testing, site integration testing, proof tests.
- Consulting and support with design and implementation of a Safety Management System as required in IEC 61511.