Disperse Systems and Interfaces - Problem-Solving and Development are our Objectives
Disperse Systems and Interfaces
Problem-Solving and Development are our Objectives
Our service ...
A large number of technical processes and products are characterized by interfaces. Microscopic and molecular interfacial phenomena determine macroscopic functionality. The same applies to future technologies such as nanotechnology, formulation technology and microstructures in process engineering. For this reason, a major research and development focus in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry is to be found in interfacial chemistry and physics.
The targeted control of elementary interfacial processes such as adsorption, adhesion and wetting are in the forefront of this work, in which we concentrate on developing and optimizing:
- systems (e.g. functional surfaces, adhesion);
- methods (e.g. microfluidics for diagnostics);
- basic operations (e.g. filtration, distillation).
We have consolidated our expertise and innovative potential for the development and optimization of complex systems and processes, which are characterized by a large number of interfacial phenomena. An interdisciplinary team of chemists, physicists and engineers develops integrated concepts and solutions for your problems utilizing the extensive range of modern methods available at Bayer Technology Services, e.g. in the fields of surface and interfacial physics, disperse systems and material characterization. If necessary, we can also develop new physicochemical methods or call on one of our established contacts with research institutes and universities worldwide.
Our main services are:
- consultancy, evaluation and support in the problem analysis of interfacial systems and processes;
- determination of structure-property correlations;
- development of systems and processes with customized surfaces and/or interfaces;
- assistance with operating problems, fault analysis and troubleshooting.